is a closed railway station located on the south shore of Loch Etive
, in Argyll and Bute
. Its site is located on the Oban
route of the scenic West Highland Line
, that was part of the Callander and Oban Railway
The local village is called Achnacloich, although the Callander and Oban Railway named the station "Ach-na-Cloich".
Opened by the Callander and Oban Railway
, it became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway
during the Grouping
of 1923. Passing to the Scottish Region of British Railways
in 1948, it was then closed by the British Railways Board
The site today
Trains on the Oban section of the West Highland Line
pass the site of the closed station. The single platform remains in situ but the wooden station building, which survived long after closure, has now gone.