Abersychan and Talywain railway station served the west of Abersychan village in the Welsh county of Monmouthshire. The station was the meeting point for two major pre grouping railways as they competed for the South Wales coal traffic.
Opened by the Brynmawr and Blaenavon Railway, it became part of the London and North Western Railway which through the connection with the Heads of the Valleys Line was able to take coal directly to destinations in the Midlands. A junction with the Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway led to joint use once that railway was absorbed into the Great Western Railway. Passenger use ceased during the Second World War but general goods were carried until 1954 and the line was used by the Big Pit at Blaenavon until the coal mine closed in 1980.
The line through the station site can still be traced on an OS map.