Aberavon Town railway station

Aberavon Town railway station

Aberavon Town railway station was a railway station on the Rhondda and Swansea Bay line which ran in the Rhondda Valley and Swansea area on the Welsh coast in the county of Glamorgan. Opened as Aberavon the station's name was changed twice before the emerging as Aberavon Town in 1924.

History

The station was incorporated into the Great Western Railway during the Grouping of 1923, Passing on to the Western Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948, it was then closed by the British Transport Commission.

The site today

References

  • R.V.J.Butt, (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1 85260 508 1
  • A. Jowett, (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas. Atlantic Publishing. ISBN 0 906899 99 0
  • Railscot

|}

Search another word or see Aberavon Town railway stationon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature
FAVORITES
RECENT

;