Abby Barry Bergman
is a science educator, author, and school administrator. Having earned a doctorate
in science education
at Columbia University
, Bergman authored and co-authored several books in the areas of science education and school administration. He served as a school administrator in leading public and private schools in the New York City Metropolitan Area
. Bergman has received numerous awards and commendations for his work. A library was named in his honor at the Ralph S. Maugham School in
Tenafly, NJ upon his retirement having served as principal of that school for over 20 years.
Currently, Dr. Bergman serves as Regional Science Coordinator for Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES, as consortium of school districts in New York State. In this capacity, he also heads the SCIENCE 21 program.
- A Survival Kit for the Elementary School Principal : With Reproducible Forms, Checklists & Letters (1998) ISBN 0-7879-6639-8
- Learning Center Activities for the Full-Day Kindergarten (1990) ISBN 0-87628-512-4
- The Complete School-Age Child Care Resource Kit: Practical Guidelines, Materials and Activities for Implementing a Quality Sacc Program William Greene, Co-Author (1995) ISBN 0-87628-268-0
- Science for Children: A Book for Teachers, Third Edition, Willard Jacobson, Co-Author (1991) ISBN 0-13-794843-3
- Science for Children: A Book for Teachers, Second Edition, Willard Jacobson, Co-Author (1987) ISBN 0-13-795014-4
- Science for Children: A Book for Teachers, Willard Jacobson, Co-Author (1980) ISBN 0-13-794784-4
- Science Activities for Children, Willard Jacobson, Co-Author (1983) ISBN 0-13-794594-9