The following is a list of notable computer system manufacturers
Please do not add entries without proper sources to indicate notability, either in the form of an external link or by linking to that entry's Wikipedia article. Non-notable entries may remain commented out for further review.
- *Gateway - Presently a brand name of Acer after being acquired in 2007. Largely known for the cow patterned boxes.
- *eMachines - Presently a brand name of Gateway/Acer after being acquired in 2004.
- *Packard Bell - Acer acquired 75% of its parent company, PB Holdings in 2008.
- Amazon PC - Budget PC and notebook manufacturer from the Industrial Center of Manaus, Brazil.
- Apple - Third largest computer manufacturer in the United States. Desktop, notebook, mobile devices.
- Asus - Largely known for main-boards and parts, also builds notebooks.
- AVADirect - Custom builder of desktops, gaming systems, servers, and laptops.
- Averatec - a low-cost laptop computer manufacturer based in Orange County, California.
- Chassis Plans - Rugged, rackmount, military computer systems. INC500 at 151. FAST100 at 4 & 13.
- Clevo - Taiwanese laptop manufacturer diversifying into other technology fields.
- Commodore Gaming - High end Gaming PCs, revival of the brand of the Commodore 64, the most popular computer system to date.
- CyberPower PC - Low-cost high-end gaming PCs.
- Dell - Second largest computer manufacturer in the world.
- *Alienware - High-end gaming PCs and laptops. Presently a brand name of Dell after being acquired in 2006.
- Dera - Computer manufacturer tailoring to homes & businesses.
- Fujitsu - Largely known for media devices but also builds notebooks and servers.
- Fujitsu Siemens - Largest computer manufacturer in Germany.
- Groupe Bull - French manufacturer of high performance supercomputers and data centers.
- *Compaq - Budget brand of PCs and laptops. Presently a brand name of Hewlett-Packard after the merger in 2002.
- *VoodooPC - High-end gaming PCs and laptops. Presently a brand name of Hewlett-Packard after being acquired in 2006.
- IBM - PC system manufacturers division was acquired by Lenovo.
- Lanner_Inc - Taiwanese OEM manufacturer of embedded and industrial computers, network appliances and video application platforms.
- Lenovo - Fourth largest computer manufacturer in the world. Acquired IBM’s Personal Computing Division in 2005.
- MPC (formerly MicronPC) - Manufactures notebooks for consumers and businesses.
- NEC - computer division of a large technology company, products range from laptops to supercomputers.
- Olidata - Italian computer system manufacturer.
- Olivetti - First system manufacturer in Italy.
- Panasonic - primarily known for the Toughbook rugged laptop computer.
- Sharp - manufactures a line of laptop computers.
- Shuttle - Manufactures small form-factor desktop computers across a range of performance and price.
- SGI - high performance computer clusters based on Intel Xeon processors, servers, and workstations.
- Sony - Manufactures desktops and laptops under the VAIO sub-brand.
- Toshiba - Fifth largest computer manufacturer in the world.
- Tyan - primarily a manufacturer of server components
- Unisys - large scale IT solutions, manufactures servers.
- Velocity Micro - High performance gaming systems.
- Vigor Gaming - High performance gaming systems.
- WidowPC - Custom built gaming computers.
- Wipro Infotech - division of a large Indian information technology services conglomerate.
- Zepto - Large European laptop manufacturer based in Denmark.