) is the natural number
and preceding 67
The National Football League
retired jersey number 66 for Green Bay Packers
linebacker Ray Nitschke
. The last Packer to wear number 66 before it was retired in 1983 to honor Nitschke was offensive tackle Larry Pfohl who is better known to pro wrestling
fans as Lex Luger
Also, the number 66 is retired by the Pittsburgh Penguins (National Hockey League) in honor of Mario Lemieux. Although not officially retired by the NHL, no players have worn the number 66 since its retirement in Pittsburgh as a sign of respect for Lemieux, considered by most as one of the best players to ever play the game.
66 (more specifically 66.667) Megahertz (MHz) is a very common divisor for the Front side bus
(FSB) speed, Overall Central processing unit
(CPU) speed, and base bus speed. On a Core 2 CPU, and a Core 2 Motherboard
, the FSB is 1066 MHz (~16 x 66 MHz), the memory speed is usually 666.67 MHz (~10 x 66 MHz), and the processor speed is ranges from 1.86 Gigahertz (GHz) (~66 MHz x 28) to 2.93 GHz (~66 MHz x 44), in 266 MHz (~66 MHz x 4) increments.
- The designation of the historic U.S. Route 66, dubbed the "Mother Road" by novelist John Steinbeck
- The designation of US Interstate 66, a freeway that runs from Virginia to Washington, D.C.
- The designation of 36 state and 2 territorial highways (see list of highways numbered 66)
- Phillips 66, a brand of gasoline and service station in the United States
- The international direct dialing (IDD) code for Thailand
- The number of the French department Pyrénées-Orientales
- Municipal Okrug #66, name of Chyornaya rechka Municipal Okrug of Primorsky District of Saint Petersburg, Russia, until 2008
- The name of a German card game, translated from sechsundsechzig
- The name of a card game derived from the German card game, Sixty-six (game)
- The total number of books in the Protestant edition of the Bible (Old Testament and New Testament) combined
- The total number of chapters in the Bible book of Isaiah
- The number of verses in Chapter 3 of the book of Lamentations in the Old Testament
- In Abjad numerals, The Name Of Allah (الله) numeric value is 66
- In Telecommunications a 66 block is used to organize telephone lines.
- In British history, the years of three key events:
- 1066 – Norman conquest
- 1666 – Great Fire of London
- 1966 – England win the World Cup
- 66 is the number of hot dogs eaten by World record holder Joey Chestnut in 15 minutes at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Championships in 2007
- Condoleezza Rice is the 66th U.S. Secretary of State
- Noah Webster completed his American Dictionary of the English Language 1825 at age 66
- Sergio Mendes and Brazil '66 was a sixties group
- 66 WNBC radio was a popular New York radio station (became WFAN as of July 1, 1987)
- In Full Metal Alchemist elusive villain Barry the Chopper is imprisoned in cell number 66, which later becomes his alias when battling the brothers at Laboratory Five.
, 66 B.C.