The Aerauto PL.5C
was a roadable aircraft
developed in Italy
in the early 1950s. It was a high-wing two-seat monoplane
whose wings could be folded to quickly transform it into an automobile. It was different from many such projects in that it used its pusher propeller
(powered by a Continental C85
) for propulsion not only in the air, but on the road as well. Development was abandoned in 1953
Designed by aircraft engineer Luigi Pellarini, the Aerauto was built by Carrozzeria Colli in Milan.