The GSMA Mobile World Congress
is the combination of the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry and a congress featuring prominent Chief Executives representing mobile operators, vendors and content owners from across the world. The event was previously known as the 3GSM World Congress
, and is still often referred to as 3GSM
In 2007, approximately 55,000 people attended.
The Mobile World Congress in 2008 took place at the Fira de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, in February. Until 2006, when it moved to Barcelona, it took place in Cannes.
Mobile World Congress 2008 statistics:
- In total, more than 55,000 visitors — including delegates, exhibitors, contractors and media — attended the event, making this year's event the largest yet.
- More than 230 chief executives and other high-level speakers from across the world attended the show.
- More than 43% of conference attendees hold C-level positions within their organisations.
- 2,700 international print, Web and broadcast media covered the show
- 1,300 companies exhibited their offering across 1,500 stands with approximately 29,000 square metres of exhibition space and 30,000 of square metres of hospitality space