The 343d Reconnaissance Squadron (343 RS) is part of the 55th Wing at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.
The 343d flew combat missions in the European Theater of Operations from, 15 October 1943-21 April 1945. It conducted aerial photography from 1947-1949 and global strategic reconnaissance from 1950-1979. Since 1979 the squadron has provided worldwide strategic reconnaissance support, including operations in Grenada in 1983, Libya in 1986, and Southwest Asia from 1990-1991.
- 343d Fighter Squadron (Twin Engine) (1943)
- 343d Fighter Squadron, Twin Engine (1943 - 1944)
- 343d Fighter Squadron, Single Engine (1944 - 1947)
- 343d Reconnaissance Squadron, Very Long Range, Mapping (1947 - 1948)
- 343d Strategic Reconnaissance Squadron, Photo-Mapping (1948 - 1950)
- 343d Strategic Reconnaissance Squadron, Medium, Electronics (1950 - 1954)
- 343d Strategic Reconnaissance Squadron, Medium (1954 - 1966)
- 343d Strategic Reconnaissance Squadron (1966 - 1991)
- 343d Reconnaissance Squadron (1991 - Present)