33rd century BC
- The Great God "Krishna", who is worshiped in all forms, as a boy, lover, warrior, brother, king, teacher, son, husband etc. known as "sampoorna bhagavan" (which means The Perfect God) is believed to be born in 33rd century BC.
- Major climate shift possibly due to shift in solar activity. Glaciers expand, covering plants. Atmospheric temperatures fall to lowest levels.
- Sahara changes from a habitable region into a barren desert.
- Unification of the first Ancient Egyptian state, marking the beginning of the Ancient Egyptian civilization.
- Ancient Egypt begins using clay, bone and ivory tags to label boxes. This is possibly the oldest writing in existence.
- Indus Valley Civilization (also known as Harappan civilization or Sindu-Sarasvati civilization) began in Harappa.
- c. 3300 BC — Pictographs in Uruk.
- 3300 BC – 3000 BC; Face of a woman, from Uruk (modern Warka, Iraq) is made. It is now in Iraq Museum, Baghdad (stolen and recovered 2003).
- 3300 BC – 3000 BC; Carved vase, called the Uruk Vase, from Uruk (modern Warka, Iraq) is made. It is now in Iraq Museum, Baghdad (stolen 2003 and returned).
- Death of 'Ginger', the earliest known ancient Egyptian "mummy".
Inventions, discoveries, introductions
- The Bronze Age begins in the Fertile Crescent. (Roux 1980)
- Cattle introduced to the Nile valley. ('Eurasia')
- Egyptians domesticate the wild ass of North Africa. (Clutton-Brock)
Decades and years