3 Américas is a 2007 Argentine/US dramatic film written and directed by Cristina Kotz Cornejo. Produced by Cristina Kotz Cornejo and Angela Counts.
The story takes place in Boston, Massachusetts and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
With summer approaching, 16 year-old América has two issues, or so she thinks, she hates school and her aunt Carolina’s alcoholic husband, Joey. She passes the days shoplifting, hanging out with her friends and trying to avoid Joey.
But after a life-changing event, América, whose Spanish is limited, is sent to Buenos Aires, Argentina to live with her reclusive and anti-American grandmother, Lucía América Campos. In Argentina, América struggles to find her place with a grandmother she has never known and to hold onto a friendship with Sergio a neighbor twice her age.
- The film premiered on October 11, 2007 at the Woodstock Film Festival.
- Ola Latin American Film Festival, Orlando, Florida, February 2008
- Tiburon International Film Festival, Tiburon, CA, March 2008
- XXVI Festival Cinematográfico Internacional del Uruguay, Montevideo, April 2008
- Cine Las Americas International Film Festival, April 2008
- Reel Rasquache Film Festival, California State University, Los Angeles, June 2008
- Brooklyn Academy of Music Film Screening Series, April 2008
- New York International Latino Film Festival, July 2008