The year 1901 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Federal Court House and Post office for the Upper Midwest, now the "Landmark Center", Saint Paul, Minnesota by Willoughby J. Edbrooke is completed.
- Philadelphia City Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is completed, the world's tallest masonry building.
- The Town Hall of Słupsk, Poland, was built.
- Union Station in Washington, DC, designed by Daniel Burnham and Peirce Anderson is commissioned.
- Wardenclyffe Tower in Shoreham, New York, designed by Nikola Tesla and Stanford White is begun.
- Ward W. Willits House designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Whitechapel Art Gallery in London, designed by C. Harrison Townsend is completed.
- The Génin-Louis Grain Shop in Nancy, designed by Henry Gutton and his nephew Henri Gutton, is built.
- The Vaxelaire Department Store in Nancy, designed by Émile André and Eugène Vallin, is completed.