This article is about the particular significance of the year 1794
and its people
- April 21 - Charles Kemble, Brecon-born brother of Sarah Siddons, makes his first appearance on the London stage as Malcolm in Macbeth.
- Richard Crawshay buys out Anthony Bacon to become sole proprietor of Cyfarthfa ironworks.
- Completion of the Pontypridd to Cardiff section of the Glamorganshire Canal.
- Richard Hill is accused by the owners of the Glamorganshire Canal of improperly taking water from the Taff river which for his Plymouth ironworks.
- Mumbles Lighthouse is built.
- Henry Paget commands the 80th Foot in Flanders.
Arts and literature
- January 22 - John Stuart, Lord Mount Stuart, MP and heir of the Marquess of Bute, 26
- ?August - Sackville Gwynne, landowner, 43?
- August 19 - Sir Hugh Williams, 8th Baronet, soldier and politician, 76
- October 1 - David William, hymn-writer, 74
- Hon. William Paget, MP for Anglesey, 25?