The year 1762 in architecture involved some significant events.
Anglia House, a small, yeoman farmer dwelling in Prince Edward County, Virginia, was constructed by William Anglia. This "low" style, two story, colonial clapboard structure is typically symmetrical except for the off center main door. The building remained untouched, and little used during two centuries of life in the middle of a vast farm. In 1991 the much deteriorated but intact dwelling was painstakingly moved 26 miles and relocated to Farmville, Virginia, where it was reconstructed to its original state by Elizabeth Baldwin Taylor and Robert E. Taylor.