Activated in September 2006, the unit is a logistical support battalion capable of a variety of actions. Though assigned to the 214th Fires Brigade on a permanent basis, it is capable of independent operations and taking on subordinate units to fulfill a larger scale sustainment operation for the United States Army.
The 1st Battalion was re-designated as 58th Quartermaster Battalion (Light Maintenance).
Companies E and F were also re-designated as 202d and 203d Quartermaster Companies, respectively; with separate lineages.
The remainder of the regiment disbanded.
The Battalion was reactivated a year later at Normoyle Quartermaster Depot, Texas, less organic elements were activated from 1938-1940 at various stations.
The Battalion was next reorganized and re-designated on 1 July 1942 as the 68th Quartermaster Maintenance Battalion and then converted and was re-designated a year later as the 63rd Ordinance Medium Maintenance Battalion (Q). Companies A thru D 68th Ordinance Medium Maintenance Battalion (Q) were reorganized and re-designated four months later as 3409th thru 3412th Ordinance medium Maintenance Companies (Q), respectively; with separate lineages.
The Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment of the 68th Ordinance Medium Maintenance Battalion (Q) reorganized and was re-designated once again on 1 Nov 1943 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 68th Ordinance Battalion.
The Battalion was inactivated once again on 9 Dec 1945 at Camp Myles Standish, Mass.
The Battalion was once again reorganized and was re-designated on 30 Apr 1968 as Headquarters and Maintenance Support Company, 68th Maintenance Battalion, but was once more inactivated seven months later at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
The Battalion was re-designated the 168th Brigade Support Battalion and activated on 16 September 2006 at Fort Sill, OK, with organic elements concurrently constituted and activated.