was a common year starting on Thursday
(link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar
- January 14 - Novgorod surrenders to Ivan III, Grand Prince of Moscow.
- January 15 - Richard of Shrewsbury, 1st Duke of York, aged four, is married to five-year-old Anne de Mowbray, 8th Countess of Norfolk.
- February 18 - George, Duke of Clarence, convicted of treason against his older brother Edward IV of England, is privately executed in the Tower of London.
- April 26 - The Pazzi attack Lorenzo de' Medici, and kill his brother Giuliano, during High Mass in the Florence Cathedral.
- November - Eskender succeeds his father Baeda Maryam as Emperor of Ethiopia at the age of six.
- December 28 - Battle of Giornico: Swiss troops defeat the Milanese.
- Lorenzo de' Medici becomes sole ruler of Florence.
- Vladislav II of Bohemia makes peace with Hungary.
- The Inquisition revives in Spain.
- Possibly the first reference to cricket, in "criquet", as discovered in France by Rowland Bowen in the 20th century. It has been dismissed by some (most notably John Major) and presaged with Edward II's "Creag" (1300) by others.