is used as an acronym or as the word in a variety of ways:
- Plex, A single application instantiation distributed across several server partitions (or if an IBM mainframe, a Sysplex) or physical servers (a parallel plex, or if an IBM mainframe, a Parallel Sysplex)
- PLEX, or Prairie Lindy Exchange, an acronym used in various lindy exchanges in central North America.
- Plex (a.k.a. Plexapp), a software fork of XBMC Media Center for Mac OS X
- Com Plex, a 2000 album by The Helio Sequence
- Plex soldiers, a variant of the traditional rebel soldier, appear in the PC game Star Wars: Empire at War
- Plex, a magic robot in the children's television show Yo Gabba Gabba!
- Googolplex, a large number but now since Google established business also makes reference to the enterprise, and also to the offices Googleplex
- Googolplex has given rise to "n-plex" notation
- Megaplex, a large theatre with many screens
- CA Plex, a software development tool that combines the techniques of model-based development, patterns and code generation to accelerate the delivery and maintenance of multi-platform, distributed business applications
- A programming language used by Ericsson for their AXE telephone exchange
- Supaplex, a computer game