: എറണാകുളം ) is a district of the state of Kerala
in southern India
. The district headquarters are at Kakkanad
. The district includes the city of Kochi
, an important seaport.
Pilgrimage centres in Ernakulam district
- St Francis Church: First church constructed by the Portuguese in India. Located at Fort Cochin.
- Roman Catholic Church: Has beautiful paintings. Located near the St Francis Church.
- St. Mary's Cathedral Basilica: Head of Syro-Malabar Eastern Catholic Church, with communion with Roman Catholic Church in Vatican.
- St. George Church Edappally , very famous for blessings
- St.George Jacobite Syrian Cathedral, Karingachira: Established on AD722.8km away from Ernakulam City.
- Marth Mariam Church Kandanad– Ernakulam The Marth Mariam Church of Kandanad is believed to be about 600 years old. Since its inception, the church was renovated, remodeled and rebuilt on several occasions and the edifice in its present magnificent form appears to have been completed in AD 1910.
- St. Marys Church, Nagapuzha,Vazhakulam via Muvattupuzha
- Holy Magi Church, Piravom
- Jewish Synagogue: Made in 1568 at Mattancherry. Chinese ceramics and old testament are attractions here.
- Sree Sankaracharya Ashram: Located at Kaladi, 30 km away from Cochin.
- Malayattoor: Church constructed in memory of the visit of St Thomas. Every year thousands of believers visit here, mainly during the Easter season.
- Chottanikkara Bhagawati Temple: Enshrines Bhagawati - the mother Goddess, one of the most popular deities in Kerala. The town of Chotanikkara is located near the city of Ernakulam. Enroute is the Poornatrayesa Temple at Tripunittura.
- Sree Bhagavathi Temple:Located at Kothakulangara.-Thiruvithamcore devaswam Board Majour Temple having encient history.One Large Banian tree with jackfruit ,Mango ,Athi trees inside that.Really attractive and old one..
- Poornatrayesa Temple: Located at Thrippunithara.
- The Lakshmana Perumaal Temple: Located at Tirumoozhikkalam near Alwaye and Kaaladi.
- Iriangol Bhawagati Temple: Located at Perumbavoor near Alwaye.
- Kannamkulangara Vishnu Temple: Located at North Paravur.
- Kottuvallikkavu Bhagwati Temple: Located at Kottuvally near North Paravur.
- Mahadevar Temple: Located at Ernakulam.
- Mar Thoma Cheria Pally:Located at Kothamangalam.
- Edapally Ganapathy Temple: Located in Edapally near Ernakulam.
- Marattil Kottaram Bhagawathi Temple: Located at Maradu near Tripunithura.
- Mookambika Temple: Located at Paravur near Cochin.
- '''Mukkannur Kuttala Temple: Located at Kothakulangara North near Karukutty (Angamali).
- Onakkoor Bhagawati Temple: Located at Onakkur (Piravom).
- Pandara Parambu Shiva Temple: Located at Ernakulam (Mulavukkadu).
- Pandavathu Shiva Temple: Located at Maradu near Tripunithura.
- Pariyaram Vishnu Temple:Located at Aikernad near Tripunithura.
- Perumankavu Bhagawati Temple: Located at Arakuzha near Aluva.
- Tirumaradi Durga Temple: Located at Piravom near Ernakulam.
- Thrikariyur Shiva Temple: Located at Thrikkariyoor(Kothamangalam)near Ernakulam.
- Thrikkara Temple: Located at Thrikkara near Alwaye and Kochi.
- Kallil Jain Temple: 13 km away from Perumbavoor. Very old. One of the few Jain temples in Kerala
- Mulanthuruthy Mar Thoman Church: Established between 1110 and 1125.
- Kadamattom Church : 10th Century Church; Famous for Kadamattathu kathanar, and the Persian Cross.
- Kottoor Church. 4/5th Century Church.