is a reconstructed viking
-era Long house
or farmstead in Iceland
, located in the Þjórsárdalur
valley near road 32 in the Árnessýsla
county. It is a replica of the building which stood at the site which was buried under volcanic ash in 1104
following the eruption of the volcano Hekla
The reconstruction was built in 1974 as a part of the national celebrations of the 1100th anniversary of the settlement of Iceland in 874.