is the Austrian Alpine Club
and, with 308,000 members in 197 sections, the largest mountaineering club in Austria
. It is responsible for the upkeep of over 700 alpine huts
in Austria and neighbouring countries. It also maintains footpaths and produces detailed maps of large areas of the Alps.
The club also has sections in Belgium and the UK.
In 1871 Guido von List became the secretary.