is a common name in Iceland
According to Icelandic custom, people are generally referred to by first and middle names and patronyms are used if disambiguation is required.
The name is a frequently given name in Iceland. In 2002, it was ranked fifth after Gunnar and before Einar.
Notable Icelanders named Ólafur
- Ólafur Örn Bjarnason, Icelandic footballer
- Ólafur Elíasson, Danish-Icelandic artist
- Ólafur Jóhannesson, former Prime Minister of Iceland
- Ólafur Gottskálksson, Icelandic footballer
- Ólafur Gunnarsson, Icelandic author
- Ólafur Haukur Símonarson, Icelandic author
- Ólafur Jóhann Ólafsson, Icelandic author
- Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, current President of Iceland
- Ólafur Ingi Skúlason, Icelandic footballer
- Ólafur Stefánsson, Icelandic handballer
- Ólafur Thors, former Prime Minister of Iceland