Os Mutantes - Caminhos do Coração (English: The Mutants - Ways of the Heart) is a Brazilian telenovela originally aired on Rede Record.
The first season of Caminhos do Coração ends after four events: The revelation of the mystery of the kidnapping of Maria, the discovery of the identity of the main responsible for the crimes of the now bankrupt Progênese and transformation of Julia Zaccarias to Juli Di Trevi, the new identity created by it, after taking the serum of the rejuvenating process, which makes rejuvenate the 30 years of captivity and disclosure of Mariana, mother of Maria and Samira, the twin sister of Maria.
Os Mutantes - Caminhos do coração in the changes continue to spread dangerous for society, transforming men and women in vampires, felid, snakes, spiders and werewolves, which attack the streets of São Paulo, disseminating evil, as an epidemic. The population, scared, will pursue all mutants, including the well.
Maria and Marcelo meet the League of Well (composed of Noah, Cleo, Tony, Bobby, Janet, Vavá, Pachola, Perpétua, Leonor, Lúcio, Bianca, Juno, Tati, Kaspar, Ágata, Aquiles, Cris, Yara, Nathy, Valente, Simone, Newton, Marisa, Willie, Erica, Eugene, Angela and Clare) in the mansion that belonged to the Mayer family. This becomes the refuge (or the general headquarters) of the well of mutants.
Samira is the twin sister of Maria, set up stuck inside the laboratory of Dr. Júlia since birth and for 30 years. She was reported as dead in his birth with Maria. Samira mutant is the most dangerous and evil of the whole story, because it has the power to absorb all the powers of other mutants. She will be the right arm of Dr. Júlia Zaccarias, transformed into Dr. Juli Di Trevi, aiming to exterminate all that arise in the path of Juli and she own, without soul and obsessed by money and power.
The DERECOM (Department of Research and Control of Mutants), is restructured, and rises to the latest generation technology to stop the mutants.
The DERECOM is divided into two wings: The first represented by Marcelo, Miguel, Aline, Marta, Beto and Ernesto. They want to hold only the violent, leaving them in prison, and preserve the peaceful. They investigate the League Evil (composed of Juli, Samira, Gór, Taveira, Eric, Metamopho, Fernando, Ariadne, Draco and Telê), which was organized in São Paulo, and their commanders: Juli and Gór, bringing to gather mutant gray wolves, vampires, werewolf, snakes, spiders and other dangerous. The second wing is represented by Fredo and Adolfo, who simply want to exterminate all mutants, including peaceful.
The Mystery of Valent
Valente discover facts about the secret mysterious Omega File, confidential information that reveals the experiences of Júlia. Such information, is that "sponsors" these experiences are alien, which maintain contact with Julia (also alien) through this file. Valente then pays the price for these discoveries. He suffers an attack, prepared by Fredo and his followers. Escapes the attack, but lost to memory. Valente and agrees not remember anything of his past. He has only one portfolio, with some papers, cards and documents. He will be saved by Gabriela, a medical doctress. While he tries to unravel the mystery of he own past, it always pursued by Fredo as it desperately want to kill Valente, to prevent its past come to light.
Nati is vampire with conscience, that on the day will help Valente to find out who he is, she is bitten by Taveira and becomes a vampire.
But Valente if will fall in love by Nati.
Nati feel totally without place in the world. She is not identified with the League Evil. She is being persecuted for being a vampire own will and the passion of Valente.
The nature of Nati will be greater than its contamination and contrary to expectations, even as a vampire, will join the League of Well and fight the villains. Still she struggles with evil that flows in her cursed veins and the good that inhabits her heart
Saving babies, Saving the world
Janete's powers suffer an evolution. She will see the near future, and make a discovery: the survival of the human species depends on the survival of children of Leonor (Lúcio, the boy of light) and Bianca (Juno, the girl's supercommunication). Those children must be protected or all humanity will be dominated by vicious mutants.
Bianca and Leonor are bought back the Arraial Island with their babies and come together to League of Well. But Juli discovers the premonition of Janete, and along with members of the League Evil, attacks the babies and their mothers, who are being protected by League of Well.
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Trying in to save the babies Lúcio and Juno by underground pipes of the island, Maria, Noé, Beto, Perpétua, Cléo and Toni, end up being attacked by mutant insects, Ants Men, Tarantula Men and Large Spiders. Beto and Perpétua can escape; Maria, Noé, Cléo and Toni are tied by Carpenterant Men and taken to Agartha, the underground kingdom. After the Ant Queen speech for them that are in Shangri-La, capital of Agartha, the kingdom of center of the earth, and unintentionally end up making an unforgettable Journey to the Center of the Earth.
Bianca and Leonor are the Cane Toad. Juno and Lúcio use their powers and frog return to Melquior, the prince of Agartha, which will lead the League of Well in the fight against the reptilian aliens and League Evil. If the ever join the Reptilian army and League Evil, mankind will perish but if the babies stand at the side of the good, the manking will prevail and the reptilians will be defeated.
The mutants vampires Dracula and his lieutenant Bram find the former headquarter of the League Evil and declare their own and recrute several vampires around to forme the Vampire League, a branch of the League Evil and they will make a ball of the vampires where they will make party all the time and drink the blood of several women and other good mutants. Its up to Nati, a vampire herself, investigate this vampires and put an end to their thirst to destruction.
Childrens and Teenages
- "Planeta Sonho" - 14 Bis (theme of opening 1)
- "Planeta Sonho" - Milton Nascimento (theme of opening 2)
- "Maria, Maria" - Roupa nova (theme of Maria)
- "Grande Amor" - Fafá de Belém (theme of Maria and Marcelo)
- "Raça" - Fafá de Belém e Milton Nascimento (theme of Esmeralda and Ernesto)
- "Mutantes Depois" - Os Mutantes (theme of Tarso)
- "Canto de la terra" - Sarah Brigthman e Andrea Bocelli (theme of Nati and Valente)
- "Quem Sabe Um Dia a Gente Se Vê" - Donna Lolla (theme of Fredo)
- "Rosa Dos Ventos" - Chico Buarque (theme of League of Well)
- "Sonho de Ícaro" - Ricky Vallen (theme of childrens)
- "Bilhete" - Ivan Lins (theme of Vivi)
- "Reencontro" - Rosana e Rodrigo Faro (theme of Kaspar and Luna)
- "João e Maria" - Chico Buarque & Branca Lima (theme of Eugênio and Ágata)
- "Show That Girl" - Yasmin & Feio (theme of Gor and Metamorpho)
- "Tu Quieres Mi Churros" - Os Virgens (theme of Dr. Gabriela)
- "Robocop Gay" - Mamonas Assassinas (theme of Danilo)
- "Sexo" - Oswaldo Montenegro (theme of Fernando e Ariadne)
- "The Game of Life" - Scorpions (theme of League Evil)
- Production Music: Daniel Figueiredo
- Direction Music: Marcio Antonucci
- Bianca Rinaldi interprets characters twins, the mutant well, Maria, and the evil mutant, Samira.
- First villan of actress Babi Xavier who plays Juli Di Trevi.
- Flávia Monteiro, the interpreter of Viviane, would enjoy the character Juli Di Trevi. But the character was in charge of Babi Xavier.
- Speculations said that the character would be Miguel Ângelo lived by Marcelo Serrado. However, for other reasons, Miguel was in charge of Jonathan Haagensen.
- Paloma Duarte was one of the actresses listed to give life to Juli.
- Helder Agostini makes their fifth work on TV and there was still credited to Introducing, where actors is forming his first novel.
- Initially Dr. Gabriela would be experienced by Lavínia Vlasak, but because of her pregnancy may not participate in the plot. Soon after came the name of Patricia Werneck, newly arrival of Rede Globo. In the end, the character came to be interpreted by Carolina Holanda.
- The actress Angelina Muniz said to be changing a site that provides work being considered by all a criticism, but she denied.
- Even though Leonardo Vieira be the protagonist of history, he is credited in third place, behind Bianca Rinaldi and Marcos Pitombo.
- Paloma Bernardi and Fausto Maule back the novels, after Colégio Brasil.
- Ítala Nandi, which interpreted the Dr. Júlia, is no longer present in the novel. But his name is considered at the opening of the novel.
- According to the actor Jean Fercondini (who played the mutant Lucas), just the scenes where his character listens thoughts, it takes about eight hours of recording.
- The opening of Os Mutantes was really changed. The music Planeta Sonho is no longer sung by 14 bis in a rhythm remix, but by Milton Nascimento for a slower pace. The natural order was for that music was interpreted by Milton from Chapter 6, but after more than two weeks after music has been changed to the version with Milton Nascimento.
- The author of the soap Tiago Santiago ignores the criticism to kill or disappear so many characters in the plot.
- Nati was to be bitten by mutant Ísis, but the script was changed so that the Nati was bitten by Taveira.
- The plot has been treading different from the original synopsis. One example is Aline, character of Milena Ferrari, which was to pair with romantic Valente, Marcos Pitombo of character, but is doing well with romantic Miguel, character of Jonathan Haagensen. Another case is Nati, character of Maytê Piragibe, which was to pair with romantic pair Miguel (Jonathan Haagensen), but doing with Valente (Marcos Pitombo).
- Antônio Pitanga and Rocco Pitanga are father and son in real life and in the novel.
- First novel Milenaf Ferrari, who plays the police of DERECOM Aline Reis.
- Several players who did Malhação 2007 are in Os Mutantes, as Karen Junqueira, Java Mayam, Marcos Pitombo, Rômulo Arantes Neto and Jose Loreto.
- There have been many lies about Rodrigo Santoro and Yuri Xavier cast in the novel with the character Pesadelo and Sherikan. The lie was spread on orkut, newspapers and magazines. The lie had to be contradicted by the author and the actors involved.
- There was another rumor that Maria Mayer would go back to being a kid and would be interprets by Caroline Smith, but was contradicted by the author.
- The views of the trailer mutants, showed itself the scene of Tarso is beam down in the laboratory of Juli di Trevi. This scene was not shown in the novel until now!
- The "Section" Introducing the opening, receives the names of the players that made the first novel in career or in the station. Andréa Leal and Allan Souza Lima make his second novel in broadcast and even then had been credited with presenting.
- Despite having been given as dead, Juanita (Anna Markun) and Goliath (Ricardo Macchi) could re-frame, information given by the actors in the O Melhor do Brasil and CQC. Felipe (Jorge Pontual) and Rosana (Maria Ceiça) also should return to the plot, according to author Tiago Santiago.
- The novel deals with an issue never seen in another novel: Abduction. Some characters have been abducted by aliens, such as: Guiga (Eduardo Lago), Mariana (Myriam Pérsia), Reginaf (Rafaela Mandelli) and Cassandra (Angelina Muniz).
- Some Hoaxes indicate that the author Tiago Santiago was inspired in the work of renowned author Tim Kring (Heroes) to write this novel, which is very evident at the beginning of the novel when the plot: "Saving babies, saving the world" appears to viewers.
- Is the sixth novel that the actress Bianca Rinaldi is the protagonist. She also made her second opponent, was the first Andréia of Chiquititas.
- The Mystery of the character Keila Nunes was revealed: She was killed by Juli, who tried to be his surrogate mother and the baby. Her baby, Bruno Nunes, also died because he was missing the mother.
- Despite rumors have taken on the entry of several new characters such as Flora Ana Hickmann or Eros Daniel Erthal, Ana Hickmann denied everything and said he knew nothing and still contractor Daniel Erthal by the Rede Globo.
- Irene Ravache was climbing to interpret Mariana Mayer.
- The name of Cláudia Alencar, who plays Sandra Gisa, was removed from the opening credits of the novel (being added by Carla Regina that makes the Queen Ant).
- Sebastião Vasconcellos, who played Mauro Fontes, also had the name replaced in the opening credits for Perfeito Fortuna, which is the Pepe Luz. This was already expected.
- The actors Fafá of Belém, Perfeito Fortuna, Diogo Oliveira, Karen Junqueira, Carla Regina and Lívia Rossi, had their names added in the opening credits soon after the start of the second season.
- The actors Allan Souza Lima (Meduso), Andrea Leal (Rosa), Bernardo Castro Alves (Rico), Java Mayam (Joca), Fausto Maule (Lupo), Helder Agostini (Demétrio) and Jose Loreto (Scorpio), had their names automatically "clean" in the opening credits first, because the seven had done only a "special participation".
- The son of Lúcia and Danilo Mayer died in childbirth.
- There is the possibility of Thaís Fersoza be reserved for working on the novel Vendetta, which explains the absence of Célia, interpreted by the actress in the plot.
- The Lauro César Muniz author is getting several actors from Os Mutantes - Caminhos do Coração, for his novel. Actors such as: Gabriel Braga Nunes, Mirian Freeland, Eduardo Lago, Petrônio Gontijo, Angelina Muniz, Liliana Castro, Carla Regina, Natalia Guimarães, Fernanda Nobre, Jose Dumont and Théo Becker are some of the names cited for leaving the novel, a fact that makes many fans saddened by the departure of key figures.
- In the early days, during the opening of "The Mutants", the name of the actress Liliana Castro appears as "Liliane Castro", a week after the error was corrected.
- Celebrities such as Irma Mayer (Patrícia Travassos), Ana Luz (Fafá de Belém), Pepe (Perfeito Fortuna) and Viviane (Flávia Monteiro) are listed and subject to leave the story at any time. Other characters also very important to the story, as Juanita (Anna Markun), Lucas (Jean Fercondini), Vlado(Daniel Aguiar), Ariadne (Natália Guimarães), Marta (Miriam Freeland), Cassandra (Angelina Muniz), Queen Ant (Carla Regina), Regina Mayer (Rafaela Mandelli), Taveira (Gabriel Braga Nunes) And Fury (Karen Junqueira), were killed or abducted.
- The opening of the novel, has the effect of mutant "invading the city of São Paulo". Have their claims are made in alphabetical sequence of male and female.
- Character Taveira interpreted by Gabriel Braga Nunes, turned out to be plagiarism of the character of Victor Victorio novel O Beijo do Vampiro in Antônio Calmon. Antônio Calmon did criticism, saying that Tiago Santiago copied his character Victor Victorio also interprets for Gabriel Braga Nunes.
- Cléo Mayer, character of Giselle Policarpo would be abducted. The itinerary was changed so that Regina was abducted by reptilian, on the grounds the actress Rafaela Mandelli have suffered a dislocation in his knee and need to recover from the fracture. In the soap, Regina would be a mutant able to turn people into stone, but due to the fact, Cléo, his sister, eventually acquiring more such power.
- The biggest criticism of the Os Mutantes - Caminhos do Coração is the fact that the plot is practically a collage of everything that has already been tested and approved in terms of "genetic mutations", highlighting frame surrounding and creative as the HQ X-Men and the U.S. series Heroes, whose third season premiere in September 2008. The fans of Os Mutantes tend not to admit, but it is easy to see how many of the characters and subtramas this story were freely inspired in the two screens mentioned. For example, the phrase "Salvem os bebês, salvem o mundo", said the psychic Janete (Liliana Castro) in Os Mutantes is the biggest proof that its author, Tiago Santiago, it takes Heroes a scenic background. The sentence of Janete is a version of the mystery surrounding the first season of Heroes, that embraced the phrase spoken by the hero Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka) and repeated by many other characters of the plot, "Saving the cheerleader, saving the world", referring to the protagonist Claire Bennet (Hayden Panettiere), who has the gift to heal instantly. Speaking of Janet, any similarity between her gift and the painter Isaac Mendez (Santiago Cabrera), also of heroes, certainly is not mere coincidence. What differs is their premonições the fact that Isaac be painted on the tables during moments of trance of character. The similarities do not stop there: There is no way to deny that Metamorpho (Sacha Bali) from Os Mutantes, was "creatively" inspired by the town Mystic of X-Men. The curious is that both use their powers for evil. The power of the town of Os Mutantes, Samira Mayer (Bianca Rinaldi) - to absorb the powers of others - is the same as one of the protagonists of heroes, the nurse Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia). But the hero uses his gift to do good and save the world (it did twice). Like the mutants of X-Men, the Caminhos do Coração, also face the fear of society, which consider a threat. The similarities go beyond what they can imagine: as powers neutralize the power of other mutants, read minds, super speed, and many have already been well explored in both X-Men as in Heroes. And you finish, we can not deny that the work Journey to the Center of the Earth in Jules Verne is the headboard of the bed of the author of Os Mutantes.