¡Alarma! is a 1981 album by rock band Daniel Amos, released on Newpax Records.
¡Alarma!, released weeks after the band's Beatles/Beach Boys influenced Horrendous Disc, took a decidedly New Wave direction along the lines of Elvis Costello or Talking Heads.
¡Alarma! was the first of a four part series of albums by DA entitled The ¡Alarma! Chronicles, which also included the albums Doppelgänger, Vox Humana, and Fearful Symmetry. On the tours that followed each release, the band presented a full multimedia event complete with video screens synchronized to the music -- something that was unusual in the early 1980s for any band. This album, along with the other three albums from the Alarma! Chronicles, was rereleased as part of the Alarma! Chronicles Book set in 2000. The Book Set included 3 CDs, over 200 pages of lyrics, photos, liner notes, essays, interviews and other information in a hardcover book.
Dieckmeyer left the band before the ¡Alarma! Tour, and was replaced with bassist, Tim Chandler.
This album was listed at #62 in the book CCM Presents: The 100 Greatest Albums in Christian Music (Harvest House Publishers, 2001).
- "Central Theme" (Taylor)
- "¡Alarma!" (Taylor)
- "Big Time/Big Deal" (Taylor)
- "Props" (Taylor)
- "My Room" (Taylor)
- "Faces To The Window" (Taylor)
- "Cloak & Dagger" (Taylor/Chamberlain)
- "Colored By" (Taylor)
- "C & D Reprise" (Taylor/Chamberlain)
- "Through The Speakers" (Taylor)
- "Hit Them" (Taylor)
- "Baby Game" (Taylor)
- "Shedding The Mortal Coil" (Taylor/Cook/Chamberlain)
- "Endless Summer" (Taylor/Chamberlain)
- "Walls Of Doubt" (Taylor)
- "Ghost Of The Heart" (Taylor)
- Alex MacDougall added percussion
- Karen Benson sang background vocals on "Ghost of the Heart".
- Recorded and Mixed at Whitefield Studios, Santa Ana, California.
- Engineered by Thom Roy.
- Mastered at MCA Whitney by Steve Hall.
- Rehearsals and Arrangements Recorded at Rebel Base Studio, Santa Ana, California.
- Live Sound and Road Coordination: Wes Leathers.
- Cover Concept: Daniel Amos.
- Photography by Scott Lockwood, Newport Beach, California.
- Graphic Design: Karen Knecht.
- Airbrushing: Stephen Nichol Price
- Alarma! Chronicles Book Text Written by Terry Taylor, with special thanks to Viann, Phillip, and "Doc" Thomas for your suggestions. Thanks to Bob MacKenzie and Pelle Karlsson for the Lifesavors.
- Mixed by Doug Doyle and Terry Taylor at Cap'n Doug's Minute Mix (Digital Brothers), Costa Mesa, California.
- Digitally Remastered by Doug Doyle.
- CD Reissue Coordination and CD Repackaging: Tom Gulotta